Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hair


Hair has meant alot to our generation. During chemo therapy
most or all of your hair falls out. If you love someone who is going
through chemo therapy and you want to make them really
giggle, I have a suggestion. Get all your friends together to learn
the words and the chord progressions to the fabulous sixties
musical "Hair". Put on a show and buzz your pointy head in solidarity.




 
She asks me why...I'm just a hairy guy                    Cm Abmaj7...Cm Eb
I'm hairy noon and night; Hair that's a fright.              Cm Ab; Cm Eb
I'm hairy high and low,                                                            Gm Eb 
Don't ask me why; don't know!                 Gm Bb; Bb
It's not for lack of bread                                           Gm Eb
Like the Grateful Dead; darling                 Gm Bb; (F-Bb)
 
Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair                              Cm Ab Cm Eb
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen                             Cm Ab Cm Eb
Give me down to there, hair!                                                   Gm Eb
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)                                  Gm Bb
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy    Gm Eb; Gm Bb7
 
CHORUS:
Hair! (hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair)          Cm Ab Cm
Flow it, Show it;                                                     Eb Bb7
Long as God can grow it, My Hair!                           Eb7 Ab Bb7, Eb Bb11
 
Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees     Cm Ab Cm Eb
Give a home to the fleas in my hair                                                         Cm Ab Cm Eb
A home for fleas, a hive for bees                                                             Gm Eb; Gm Bb
A nest for birds, there ain't no words                                        Gm; Eb
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my                        Gm Bb7
 
CHORUS
 
I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy                           Dm7 G7
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty                   Dm7 G7
Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining                                    Gm Cm
Gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen                          Gm Cm
Knotted, polka-dotted; Twisted, beaded, braided   Cm7 F7; Cm7 F7
Powdered, flowered, and confettied                                         Cm7 F7
Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghettied!            Cm F7 Bb7
 
O-oh, Say can you see; my eyes if you can,            Eb Bb
Then my hair's too short!                                                        Bb
Down to here, down to there,                    Eb Cm
Down to where, down to there;                 Eb Cm
It stops by itself!                                                     Bb
doo doo doo doo doot-doot doo doo doot (repeat: no chord)
 
They'll be ga-ga at the go-go                                    Cm Ab 
when they see me in my toga                                  Cm Eb
My toga made of blond, brilliantined, Biblical hair      Cm Ab Cm Eb
My hair like Jesus wore it                                                       Gm Eb
Hallelujah I adore it                                                                Gm Bb7
Hallelujah Mary loved her son                                  Gm Eb
Why don't my Mother love me?                                Gm Bb7
 
CHORUS (three times to end)
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home